Went on a (lesser) pilgrimage with my family recently. Took the opportunity to some spend time with them and cross a few religion-, and travel-related achievements off of my bucket list.
Seeing the Kaaba in real life was amazing. Being shoved around by random strangers during Tawaf was not. There were just so many people i kenot tahan.
- Spent the entire flight there in full ihram clothing. i.e. “8 hours in an international flight wearing only 2 large white towels”.
- Performed Tawaf at around midnight and was done at 3am (8am Malaysian time). Jetlag was real.
- My feet were rekt by the end of the Sa’ee.
- The Masjid al-Haram is absolutely breathtaking. The entire thing exudes a sense of purity. Design win.
- A staff in the Mosque told me off (nicely) for recording in the there with my giant-frikkin DSLR. Oops.
- I regret not recording the Kaaba, but refer the above point. Lol.
- My nephew is the adorable-est.
Watching in HD is always a good thing.