HomeAboutFacebook trophies Instagram Tumblr

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kouda Entry_127: Valentine's Day

This can be considered as a continuation of my previous post:

Kouda Entry_126: Sanctimonious Dimwits

Aite, so Azie told me this afternoon, that there was an article in "Berita Harian", a local newspaper, regarding Valentine's.

So, I figured I should give it a read, to better understand the meaning of Valentine's Day itself. Since, unlike some people, I would rather not be an ignorant prude and shoot expletives without knowing the facts.

And I gotta say, it was very enlightening. You can view the article by clicking the link below:

Berita Harian's Valentine's Day Article

And I would like to point out these two paragraphs, taken from the article:

"Hakikatnya, apa juga alasan diberikan untuk membolehkan Hari Kekasih disambut terutama oleh golongan muda Islam, Panel Kajian Aqidah (PKA) dan Panel Kajian Syariah (PKS) Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (Jakim) memutuskan bahawa amalan menyambut Hari Valentine adalah haram dan bertentangan dengan ajaran Islam.

Jawatankuasa Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan Bagi Hal Ehwal Agama Islam Malaysia kali ke-71 yang bersidang pada 22 hingga 24 November 2005 memutuskan: "Bahawa amalan merayakan Valentine's Day tidak pernah dianjurkan Islam. Roh perayaan itu mempunyai unsur Kristian, amalannya yang bercampur dengan perbuatan maksiat adalah bercanggah dan dilarang oleh Islam. Oleh itu amalan meraikan Hari Kekasih tidak digalakkan oleh agama Islam."

Those two paragraphs kinda contradict each other, I think. Well, at least we learned something new today. Ahaha.

I'd just like to point out that throughout the whole article, that was the only time that the word haram was used. If you don't believe me, ctrl+F and help yourselves. (No significance, really. I just wanted to point it out).

Oh, and I am absolutely repulsed, and extremely disappointed in the people who commented in my shoutbox, especially "Shahid".

Your "dimwitted" comments weren't even backed up by ANY facts, nor in any way intellectual.

I DID NOT insult Islam. I was merely questioning the mentality of the people who so straightforwardly condemn Valentine's Day WITHOUT any significant knowledge of it's history.

If you were so quick to JUDGE and CLAIM that I was bitchin about my own religion, then dude, you got issues. If you are a "dude" lah. If you are a certain woman, then please, move on.

Silalah sebarkan blog aku kat seluruh dunia. Ia sangat dialu-alukan. Lagi tinggi naik Visitor Count aku, lagi gembiralah aku dibuatnya. Terima Kasih ya, "Shahid".

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I am merely saying if you wish to argue, then at least have some irrefutable FACTS to argue with. If you're just gonna shout out mindless crap, then please direct all complaints to the backside of a cow's rectum. Thanks~.

Oh, and thank you Hasliza Hassan, author of that Berita Harian article. It was very educational, and I greatly appreciate the info that I got from it.