HomeAboutFacebook trophies Instagram Tumblr

Friday, April 24, 2009

Kouda Entry_148: Minathos WIP

Was updating my DeviantArt account last night. And while I ran through my gallery, it occurred to me that I haven't done any colors in a while.

A lot of my stuff were sketches and monochromic logos. And then I thought. "Do some colors la wei".

Ok, fine, I'll do some colors. And this is the fucker that I decided to mutilate:

Minathos - smaller
Click Image for a slightly larger view

The full-sized image can be found in my DeviantArt account, or you can just click this link:

 http://kyoru-san.deviantart.com/art/Minathos-98541933

After about 2 hours of slow coloring, this is what I came up with:

Minathos 3 (Color)
Click Image for a slightly larger view

Work in progress. Still figuring out the color scheme for the axe.

Cleaned up the lines a little bit. There's still some smudges that needs to be cleared, but I'll leave that for later.

Got rid of the tail too. It didn't seem to fit in with the whole image. No idea why I decided to give it a tail in the first place.

The fur and skin texture needs a bit more work. It's a little too "flat".

Not too happy with the overall color though. I might edit the hue after I'm done.

 

...SUZUKU ~